In fragrance

Profumi Del Forte, Vittoria Apuana


Fragrance type: Soft Oriental

Notes: Sweet Brazilian Orange, Sicilian Mandarin, Bitter Sicilian Orange, Coconut, Tiare flower, Banana, Vanilla Bourbon Absolute, Vanillin, ‘notes of solar amber’ (Profumi Del Forte website)

Where can I buy it? Luckyscent sells both the 50ml ($130 US) and 100ml ($195 US), plus you can try a sample for $4 US!

As you can possibly tell by either reading previews reviews on this blog or the ones I wrote for Perfume Critic, I love sweet scents. Not overly sugary-sweet ones (Britney Spears Fantasy, Kylie Minogue’s Sweet Darling, Vera Wang Princess...I’m looking at you!) but fruity scents with vanilla undertones...or just straight out creamy vanilla!

Vittoria Apuana by Profumi del Forte (literally meaning ‘perfumes of the fortress’) is another Italian fragrance that satisfies my sweet tooth...errr...nose. (See my review of Acqua di Parma’s Mandorlo di Sicilia for another example.)

I’ve read a few reviews online of people saying it reminds them of suntan lotion – I can see where they’re coming from, with coconut being a smell often used in sun lotions. But it’s not exactly the image I had in my mind of what Vittoria Apuana smells like! 

On my skin, the scent takes on a slightly tropical feel, with the coconut, tiare and banana blending with the gorgeous vanilla base. I can’t detect any of the citrus top notes at all (although I’m sure they’re there somewhere), but I honestly don’t mind! Vittoria Apuana is all about the lusciousness of the notes above, making it smell like an indulgent dessert or some sort of creamy, Piña Colada-type cocktail!

I have got one ‘complaint’ about this fragrance – the longevity is not that good. Being an EDP, I would expect it to last at least 5-6 hours on my skin, with the base notes lasting a little while longer. Unfortunately, it barely reaches the 2 hour mark on me, and I’ve noticed this said in some of the reviews I mentioned above. It’s quite disappointing, but you can’t have everything, can you? :)

Ultimately, I think it’s a great tropical summery scent, despite its warm vanilla base shining through the fruity, white floral mid notes. I’m sure I’ll miss Vittoria Apuana once my 4ml mini bottle is empty – will I buy myself a full-size bottle? That’s a tough question... maybe it’s best for me not to think about it just yet, and just enjoy this gorgeous fragrance while I still have it!

Disclaimer: I received a miniature bottle of this fragrance when I wrote for Perfume Critic. I earned no monetary compensation from the company. All opinions are my own.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment