In fragrance

Yves Saint Laurent, Saharienne


Fragrance type: Citrus 

Notes: Primo Fiore Lemon, Bergamot, Mandarin, White Petals, Pink Peppercorns, Ginger, Dense Woods, Wild Scrub, Pine needles (YSL-Parfums.com

Where can I buy it? FragranceX has the 75ml EDT for US$66.95 (AU$63 approx.) 

Ah, Saharienne... you lure me in with your fresh, citrusy, sweet yet slightly salty aroma... and then disappear before I get a chance to enjoy it!! 

Yves Saint Laurent’s latest fragrance for ladies is named after their classic Saharienne safari jacket, first launched in the late-1960’s. But instead of taking us on a hunt on the African plains, as the garment suggested, the fragrance transports us to the desert, where the sun beats down on our face and the sand is hot under our feet...ok, so maybe I’m exaggerating a little, but stay with me! :) 

Saharienne starts off bright and fresh with the lemon taking centre stage, while bergamot and mandarin dance in the background. The ginger and pepper hardly get a look in, the white flowers make a very brief appearance and there’s no sign of the base notes at all on my skin! Within half an hour, the fragrance has all but disappeared completely...and this is what really bugs me about Saharienne! It starts off promisingly with the citrus/sweet/salty top notes and goes completely nowhere before retreating back to the desert! 

In short, it’s good while it lasts. But is it full bottle-worthy? In a word...no! Sorry, YSL – you’ll have to do a bit better next time! 

Disclaimer: I received a sample of this fragrance for free. I earned no monetary compensation from the company for this review. All opinions are my own.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment