In home bath and body

Lush, Honey I Washed The Kids soap


Ingredients: “Honey Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil (Brassica napus and Cocos nucifera), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume (Perfume), Beeswax (Cera alba), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Bergamot Oil (Citrus aurantium bergamia), Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Titanium Dioxide,*Limonene, *Linalool, *Benzyl Benzoate  *Occurs naturally in essential oils” [from the Lush Australia website]

Where can I buy it? Directly from Lush, either online or at a store (check online for your nearest location) for AU$6.95 (US$7.95/£3.40) for 100g

Oh Lush, why do you have to produce so many amazing products?!? Each time I walk into a Lush store, I come out with at least one new favourite soap, lotion, potion, whatever...and an emptier bank balance!

Back in 2009, I reviewed my then-favourite Lush soap, Rock Star – the extremely pink vanilla-scented bar of creaminess – for Perfume Critic. It was super sweet, maybe too much...even for me, the self-confessed sugar addict! Don’t get me wrong, I still love it, even to this day. But it’s not something I can handle all the time. So after an absence of buying Lush soaps, one has been welcomed into my home. Its name is Honey I Washed The Kids.

It was only after trying not one but two samples of this gorgeous product that I was convinced that this was the one for me – first, I thought it was a bit too sweet, just like Rock Star. But slowly it started to reel me in, persuading me to come back for another try. The lovely sales assistant once again came to my rescue by offering me another miniature golden bar with my lip balm purchase. And then...I was hooked! So, naturally, I bought myself a full-size bar...and the rest, as they say, is history!

Honey I Washed The Kids (great name, by the way!) is a honey and toffee-scented soap with a cute honeycomb design on top. (I’m not particularly sure if it serves any purpose but to be purely decorative, but it scratches my skin a little! Maybe it could be an exfoliator...Anyway...) The scent is sweet, but not extremely so, and it doesn’t linger for too long, so you can wear whatever fragrance you want afterwards! Just like with the Rock Star soap, it lathers up quite well and after you rinse the soap off, it leaves your skin moisturised and smooth, smelling slightly toffee-scented while you get dressed.

Having reasonably sensitive skin, I’ve had absolutely NO problems with this soap, despite it having a few ingredients that could cause problems (hello citrus oils!). And I’ve read quite a lot of reviews online from people who have either sensitive skin or eczema saying that they love the Honey I Washed The Kids soap. In fact, so many people enjoy using it, that it’s in the Top 20 list of Lush products on the Aussie website!

If you’ve never tried Honey I Washed The Kids before, get to a Lush store and do so... and whatever you do, don’t just save it for washing those children – treat yourself to a luxurious, honey-scented shower or bath!

Disclaimer: My first sample of this soap came from a Lust Have It box back in 2011; the second was a sample with purchase from Lush. I have since bought full-size bars with my own money. I earned no monetary compensation from the company for this review. All opinions are my own.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment